Pages

12.22.2010

I am acclimating; today, I am (mostly) awake

I did attend the wrap party for several hours (several more than I intended to), but it was fun. Sort of. Completely unnecessary, but fun.

By the time I arrived most of the folks were 'toasted' - that, or 'glowing' wildly....or just plain drunk. That makes conversation hard, but I suppose that's the point. But then, what's the point (of going)?

I know, I know...I am too pragmatic.

Yes, some people acted rediculous. Yes, there was karaoke. Yes, things were broken. Oh, yes...I got pictures.

I handed off the final reports to the 2nd AD, and that took some doing. Nobody wanted to take them. Nobody.

Nobody would loan me a key to the office so that I could put them safely there (although they all thought that was a grand idea)...and nobody would part with their car key long enough for me to slip the reports onto a car seat instead of leaving them in the party zone. But three people witnessed the hand-off (not including myself)...and there is now an email in my inbox asking for the reports so the editor can have them to get to work.

Hellooooooo!

Still waiting for a response to my email response, and answers to my questions regarding the third paycheck, OT, a time card for the last day and my bloody crew shirt. (Yes, it's all pretty typical.)

Still trying to make straight in my head what day it is, and trying not to fall asleep in the afternoon, awaking near midnight and haunting the house for hours until I can fall asleep again.

It's grey and bitter outside, but I still have things to do. LOTS and lots of things, and most require that I put on warm clothes and head outdoors to get them done. [sniff] I also need to edit (a bit) photos and send them out to various people from the production. Folks whose homes we used for sets, and people whose photos were taken with the director, etc. Some are talent and others are crew...but still, I need to get them cropped and sized for sending (and I am going to add my own watermark as well). It all takes time, but it will happen.

Everything takes time, even getting used to being home.

No comments: