Pages

3.09.2011

One more day of rain

Rain and then falling temperatures. Falling temps and then ice.

So not cool.

And you know what comes next...........snow!

Well, Saturday is just around the corner, right? Hey....don't make me come over there - we've already had this discussion. The natural order will not be denied. ;)

[smirk]

Yesterday was a beautifully sunny day; sunny and gorgeous, and I heard that we hit the forty+ degree mark! Wonderful. Those warmer temps and this rain equal melting snow. Lots of melting snow. Inches and inches of melting drifts and plowed embankments. Bucketfuls (or is it 'buckets full') of wilting snowmen and withering snowforts, all now creating flooded ditches and swollen creeks and rivers.

To me, though, s'ok. I don't mind because this shift in weather habits only means the season is coming to an end. Tah-daahhhh!

It deepens my belief in the end of winter (snow storms) by the end of next week. Oh, sure, temps may continue to be in the thirties, perhaps dipping into the twenties at night, but be patient and keep in mind it is still only March. I mean, jeez....this stuff doesn't happen over night, ya know.

Be happy for the lack of sub-zero's and single digits. Rain can't be rain in those temps.

All my quilt blogging updates and photos are now at www.truenorthquilter.blogspot.com .

No comments: