Pages

3.31.2011

A little thing called Bob Seger

Don't know what you did two nights ago, but I was in Saginaw at a concert. Oh yeah, baby...a Bob Seger concert!

Rock-n-roll!

Just want to extend my thanks (one more time) to: Don Brewer (the Silver Bullet Band Drummer) for providing the V.I.P. SAG passes; to Sandy (Don's sister) for sharing them; and to Jean, for sharing hers with me!

The last time I saw Mr. Seger perform was in the "D" at Cobo Hall....about this time of year 1987 - the "American Storm Tour." Brian was not even a toddler at that time, and I felt guilty as all get-out leaving him with friends to go. We had cheap nose-bleed seats that time (the boy's father was not known for parting with a dollar, unless it was for beer) - who knew that you could get that far off the floor in Cobo?!? In fact, the seats were so far from the stage, I believe we were paid for climbing into the arena to fill the chairs! ;)

I was only just beginning to like his music in the mid-eighties - I was a bit of a rock-n-roll late bloomer. All through high school I thought his music (along with Rod Stewart and many others) was too raunchy and inappropriate. But now, it's great, classic rock - the way rock was meant to be!

This experience was phenomenal, and the complete extreme from my last Seger sighting. So, thank you Jean, Sandy and Don!

1 comment:

Rie said...

Sounds like a really GREAT time! Glad you got to go, the pictures are great! Thanks for sharing.
Maria.