Pages

3.27.2011

Good day, sunshine

Today was especially sunny. Blue skies, chirpy birds, not a cloud.....sunny, sunny, sunny.

Colder than it should have been, but sunny.

The tulips and daffodils push on; they seem completely un-phased by the ping-pong effect of the weather. And I see my poppies are still their brilliant ever-green selves...amazing plants. Can't wait, can't wait!

I will be relocating the peonies as soon as the ground thaws enough to get them out and in again safely. Everything (except the poppies) will move away from the wall for some work on the foundation and drainage. I would dearly love to move the poppies as well, but as the tap roots could easily be damaged, I am afraid to take the chance with my beautiful darlings.

Our last crusty snow/rainfall has nearly melted into oblivion, and the photo above shows pretty much all that remains.

P.S. Happy birthday, Nathan Fillion! Mmmmmm-Canadian meat!

No comments: