Pages

10.15.2011

I'm up...I'm awake!

I don't know why this is, but have you ever noticed how much more restful dozing is when you don't have to be anywhere?

For some reason, it seems to me, when you aren't trying to sneak a nap in (before a time deadline), drifting off to sleep is so much easier - and, yields a better outcome - than when trying to take 'a nap.'

I fell asleep on the sofa last night, flanked by my boys, and at some point they just got up and walked away, leaving me to slumber for the first time in four days. When I woke, it was because Hobbes had decided to crawl onto my lap and nestle in, sometime in the wee morning hours.

Currently, I am awake and mostly alert. Eager to make a (large) dent in the quilt project and not the least bit eager to look at the call sheet for Sunday.

Yug.

Mommy needs a regular full time job. This hit or miss (and mostly, it's been "miss") film work is pretty lackluster. While I love working on film sets, the creation, the buzz, the energy, the frenetic pace, there is a lot more about the waning film activity in the state that has me disillusioned and searching harder than ever to find a regular nine-to-five job somewhere.

I'm awake and my eyes are wide open. This gig has me totally bummed out.

No comments: