Pages

5.30.2012

Holy smokes!

How is it that we are nearly half way through the year already? I swear I didn't blink, and yet....here we are!

May is all but over and June is standing at the alter like a groom. We're over halfway to Thanksgiving and I haven't even begun my Christmas shopping! [yikes] What's more, we've just had the first horrid heat snap for this year and we still have SUMMER to get to - let alone through!

Finished with (I am almost certain) the piecing on the secret quilt, but I still need to wash, cut and attach the borders, then assemble the backing. I had hoped to take it with me this weekend to roll the extra backing over the raw edges and baste that in place for the quilting process, but I still have a lot to do before I can even get it to the stretching phase! So, I am a little behind on that project. [ultra sad face]

I am taking the new commissioned quilt with me to get started on it - that is to say, the material for the commissioned quilt - to rinse out the bleeders and cut the pieces. In a week or so I can begin assembling the blocks, and it will be nice to have everything ready to go.

Karl's in-home counseling has begun - thankfully! He likes the therapist, and they have enough in common (interests-wise) that Daniel (the therapist) can start a conversation with K when it gets quiet, and somehow morph it into something productive.

There have been so many starts and stops for Karl, it's been heartbreaking. And I think he feels deep inside why even bother if nothing ever progresses past a certain point. I know I would tend to feel a little hopeless.

Changing the subject.

Went out to the garage to bring in a new container of Nesquik so I could make some chocolate milk. I bought the large econo-sized container at Costco months ago (last visit) so that it would be here when the old one finally ran out. Can't believe the mouse in the garage chewed a hole (three, in fact) through the container!! Had to throw out an entire $7 jar of drink mix!!!!!

All mice must now die!!

Guess it's time to head back to the big "C" and get more Nesquik. That's OK, we need more TP, too.

Holy smokes, things is gettin' strange.

I'll be back a little later, for now I think I should get some things done around here.

No comments: