Pages

6.18.2012

Life is funny

Not "ha-ha" funny, or "odd/peculiar" funny - although it can be at times, I suppose.

No, I think I mean life is rye-ly humorous. It's mockingly clever. It's never obliging or commonsense, or without paybacks or caveats, but it's never (seemingly) hurtful on purpose - unless you're r-e-a-l-l-y asking for it.

And let's face it, shall we. There are some clowns who do ask for it.

Now, to my way of thinking, when somebody it 'asking for it,' I think life should give it to 'em right then and there, but as I said, life is never obliging, so sometimes life retribution is delayed (and sometimes delayed a bit too long in my estimation), but eventually it all comes and goes around as it is meant to.

I am not particularly enjoying my current state of standing in one place, but apparently I am not learning the life lesson I am supposed to be gleaning, so here I am! In the meanwhile, I am applying myself to learning new things; lolling about in classes and adding layers of knowledge to this youthful middle-aged mantle (and, yes, I used the correct version there), acquiring new skills to keep moving (hopefully) in a job-filled direction and perhaps toward a *new career field.*

*Sad and dreadful, but necessary in today's economy.

Anyhow, it's past the halfway mark in June, more than half of this new year is now over and gone, and while I feel ready to step into an office anywhere and begin working for the almighty paycheck once again (which I have been for quite a while), I do feel oddly incomplete. What that feeling is exactly I cannot say, so perhaps I will use this time to explore what it may be and where it's coming from.

Life is funny like that.

No comments: