Pages

6.29.2012

Sour grapes?

Totally not pleased to realize that if I could have gotten the competition quilt completed in time to register for the JAF 2011/12 deadline, 'UnderwrapsQ1' would have had a real shot at taking home a top prize! Ugh.

And yes, I am feeling a bit smug and prideful, 'UnderwrapsQ1' turned out beautifully, and I can't wait to reveal it!

The winners and top finishers for the initial contest in 2010/11 were far and away better than the crop we've been able to see for the current year...but I guess that's all subjective and personal opinion, right?

Anywho...take a look for yourself (2010 and 2011) and then keep your fingers crossed for me, please. ;v) The entry period for 2012/13 will begin late this fall, so I only have to sit on my lovely little quilt for a bit longer.

Oh, yeah, and it's hot! [picture melting letters and steam rising]

1 comment:

Rie said...

Even though these quilts are beautiful, I like the winner of 2011. I still fill that your quilt is far more superior in talent, technique and skills. I can't wait till you bring home all the prizes!