Pages

7.07.2013

One more step

And yet, one more step taken. 
One hurdle achieved. 
Another tick on the list attained.

About two weeks ago (yikes!) I received a lovely packet in the mail telling me that PQ1 had been juried into the GR AQS competition, and that I needed to complete the forms contained within and mail it back to them haste.  Actually, what the cover letter read was, "...fill these out and send them back NOW."

One of the forms regarded insurance for the quilt - both for shipping and loss replacement should something happen at the show (or during shipping).  Lots of cost involved here.  Without a proper, legal, binding appraisal, whatever loss might happen would all be on me.

So, without too much delay, I attempted to find a qualified appraiser and gain an appointment in short order.  No easy feat here in the mitten state.  The quickest thing available found me in Bay City yesterday, and the appraisal was done in about an hour.  With all of two weeks now having slipped between my fingers, I must get this bunch of papers back to the AQS gang soon.

The next step is to ship PQ1 to Kentucky, then cross my fingers and say my prayers.  August 14th can't get here soon enough!  More later, peeps - have a quilty day. :)

P.S. Thanks, Jean, for driving the final leg!  I had a fun time meeting your cousin and her son, Doris and Nick, too.

No comments: