Pages

7.18.2013

Watching the weather

It's an odd thing to see myself having become as absorbed in the weather as a much older person would be.

Much older.  Like....retired-and-toothless-in-Florida old.

I am watching the broadcasts and prediction boards rabidly, scanning the days ahead for signs of substantive relief.  All my hopes leaning to anything remotely cooler than low 80s - YES, I'd let myself be happy with low 80s!!

When can we dream of possible relief?  When will the temps dip into a comfortable zone again?

It's just hard for me to rationalize being content with a low of 77*F!  Yup, our overnight temp got as low as 77*F - and it is the blessing of the day.  That, to me, is odd, but a necessary mental trade-off the way things are right now. 

We must get through today and tomorrow, though, and then temps should be a little more tolerable for a few days - OK, at least for the predicted, foreseeable future.  This is a distinction worth making, since we have so much of the summer season to still get through.  After all, more possibility of extreme heat (with humidity) is possible...and probable.

Keep cool, y'all, we are not out of the woods just yet.

No comments: