Pages

10.11.2013

**The things dreams are made of

I seem to be stuck in my own little version of the wayback machine. Lots of reminiscing (sort of) going on.

A few weeks ago I tasked myself with the necessary chore of cleaning out my email inboxes (due, in part, to some accounts having accumulated well over one-thousand emails). During the ensuing weeks I managed to wittle down and cull out several hundred email pieces from each of two major email accounts. Phwew!

As luck would have it I found an email exchange in which I was describing my joy at having narrowed down my choices in paint color for the long wall that spans my living room and part of the kitchen. It seems my desire (even in 2010) was to use a dark (purple) color over the long expanse. I also jibbered on about my insane desire and determination to finish the entire chore by the beginning of October....2010! This all included finishing the plastering, the sanding, the taping, etc,. then actually buying the paint and painting.

I was amazed to find it has only taken me 2.10 years to actually jump in and get it all done! I'm improving.

[you need to know i am rolling on the floor, convulsing with laughter]

The way I look at it now: **I only need to get the other paint colors to finish the living room walls and move into the kitchen (eventually). Oh, crap! And the darned ceiling. [groan]

No comments: