Pages

10.10.2013

Yes...my beautiful carpet is home!

Finally ended up bringing my lovely Kazakhstan carpet home. It has been at Hagopian cleaners/repair for more than a year, and in all that time THEY NEVER FULLY REPAIRED THE DAMAGE, despite pointing it out to them on five seperate occasions!! It was stated on their contract as "...repair all moth damage," and they never closed the deal. Each time I drove to their location (hopeful in my expectations) to look over the carpet before bringing it home...there were the moth holes! Each time, I marked the areas with blue painter's tape - provided by an employee - thinking the necessary areas would be finished; but I'm not certain WHAT the repair team thought the blue tape was there for. No one EVER repaired the threadbare areas!

Nothing about today's trip was any different. Bud went with me, as I was determined to not lose my cool, and we inspected the rug (on hands and knees, as always) and found all the same spots lacking repair! We marked them, took photos as we stood in the showroom, then I signed for the rug and registered a complaint - both written on the invoice AND voiced to the gentleman who always handled me with care when I visited my carpet.

Now, I am conducting a campaign to warn people to not take any repairs to the "purple truck people." Whatever it takes - signs in my car window, internet announcements, FB-spread-the-word-tactics, advertisements in local papers and signs posted on lightpoles. ANYthing and EVERYthing. I am even ready to call the troubleshooters for two of the local news outlets, just to give the purple H a black eye. Tomorrow I am contacting the BBB first, then see which way the wind blows me.

No comments: