Pages

4.17.2010

And another thing

To the grocery-delivering cousin:

First, thanks for delivering the groceries. Every time I am here I make a list (long or short), and it's great that you can find the time as you do your own shopping to grab her few items and then deliver them. Your husband needs practice, yet, but the thought is there.

Your comment during your brief visit with gram (during the grocery drop today) was not appreciated. When the message was left for the "Cheezit crackers...whatever they are" by gram, she has no knowledge of the fact that she has eaten those before.

In fact, she has, in the recent past, smuggled away a box in her room - noisily eating them in the middle of the night - dropping handfuls of crumbs in her bed and on the floor.

So when you said to her "Well, I bring my own snacks when I come," because she doesn't recall eating the darned things...I think you can keep your unqualified comments to yourself.

I bring my own milk, spices and herbs, breakfast cereal, shampoo, body wash, wash cloth, snacks, treats and the like when I come to stay, so don't think you have anything over on me. And do not presume to inform me in some overt way - you have NO IDEA what goes on, and until you deal with it for more than one evening at a time (which you haven't done for a l-o-n-g time)...don't even start.

And another thing...as you sat listening to her whine about not having the box of quarters - a box I scoured her closets and writing desk looking for DAYS ago, and then you all wander into her room in a sad attempt to search for them AGAIN...as she watched, did it occur to you to ask me if I looked instead of taking her sad, demented, word that she can't find them? You did exactly what I did, but not to the extent that I did in searching, and did you find anything more than I did?

Huh. Thought not.

Yes, I was quilting when you showed up, because everything was done and taken care of for the time being, to that point in time. No, I did not come out to greet you when you arrived, because the old gnome was standing at the door, and there was no sense in my standing there, too. BESIDES, when I talk with her guests I get the standard crap comments about me taking up her visiting time. Ask some relatives, you'll understand what I mean.

Yup, that's my blog. MY blog.

No comments: