Pages

4.18.2010

Last one

Gram was up and down repeatedly this morning - not hungry. When I finally jumped in the shower, she then made herself a piece of toast and had another glass of water or milk.

I asked a couple of times (during the ups and downs) if she wanted breakfast, and she declined.

She nastily scolded me for feeding her mac and cheese three days in a row, when I had only been here 1.5 days, and only heated the contents of the fridge container that one time - thinking she would eat because she loves mac and cheese (I have been told).

She maybe has been fighting a cold, for which she had three tablets (yesterday) - at appropriate intervals - of the Airborne - and has had beverages, but doesn't want tea, and there were no fixin's for 'hot toddy's', as suggested by Val. She finally wanted cream of wheat right around 10:45 this morning, and I made it promptly. She wanted nothing else.

As for my replacement, Sheila has only ever arrived here ONCE to replace me by three o'clock - EVERY other time it has been 4pm or later that she arrives. So this whole "she is here after church" business must mean her services end later than 3pm.

Gram hasn't wanted to play Sequence, isn't feeling up to the exercises in the book, and she DID take a walk about 1pm today. One person is told "I am feeling better and my throat doesn't hurt like it did," and the next person is told "I am fighting a bad cold," all in the span of two hours or less.

My things are by the front door (as I normally have it after I vacuum and dust), so the next person coming in has the bedroom to put their things in when they arrive.

As long as I am reporting the stats, she has decided to take the pill box into her room and eschew monitoring of the meds, so I have put this week's box up on a mid-height shelf with the plates. You all can do as you will, I am done for the time being. I wish I could have measured up to every body's stringent standards, but I couldn't.

Have a great day, the sun is shining and I am going for another walk if my ride is not here soon.

No comments: