Pages

4.28.2010

Today is your birthday!

Happy Birthday to me!

I hear Beatles music.

Every time I think 'today is my birthday,' I hear that driving rock-n-roll tune they recorded. What do you hear when it's your birthday?

Yesterday was spent on the road - with Karl - going all over the place to get stuff done, and I have to admit, when we got home, I was so pooped. First stop was to renew my DL - and that I had to do at the Secretary of State's office so they could snap a new photo.

Very sad.

I like the old one! It was taken just as I was making plans for my first trip to Greece, and you could see the excitement in my face.

I had just started a new job only a couple of months before, and I was so happy. Things were going so well for me, I couldn't contain the enthusiasm and happiness, and the absolute energy was incredible!

This one, I'm afraid, shows me for what I am (for the time being). At least the guy behind the camera was nice enough to ask if I was satisfied with it, and when I said "no" he snapped another. And then another.

LOL - I could have gone on all afternoon with that process (and believe me, I almost did)!

Anyhow, Karl and I got a bit of odd but necessary stuff done, for himself and for me, before heading back home. Banking, school meetings scheduled, passwords reset, and on and on... He was bored by the mid-way point. Sometime this week or next he will spend his time in line at the DMV in order to get his first state ID card! Very cool, and very necessary. It's been a long time in the offing, that's for sure.

Yup, I like getting things done - like getting another year older. I can check that off of my list now.

Thank you, Aunt Deb and Uncle Tom - the birthday card was very welcome. And thank you for your continued faith in my abilities (and in my as-of-yet unseen future). :^) Thank you, Maria! Loved that message, and all I can say is: Yes, ma'am! Nehemiah 8:12 - "Celebrate with great joy." Thank you, Aunt Joan...I certainly will make the attempt.

Enjoy your day - birthday or not!

No comments: