Pages

5.29.2011

That's a wrap!

The three most favorite words of film crews (almost anywhere - I guarantee). Uttered this morning at 12:41AM, it could not have come too soon. By midnight it was already one and one-half hours past a twelve hour day - so it really didn't come soon enough.

It was a good day though, however fraught with anxiety and frayed nerves it was. A tough schedule and lots to get done, plus the added notion of wrapping out my book directly afterwards instead of having a day after production to wrap out.

And throughout the whole day it began to sink in that after today, I would have nowhere to go and no income again until the next project. Then I began to feel melancholy around the fringes; 'cuz with the current state of things in Michigan, large projects are going to be few and far from 'far between,' and the small jobs that do materialize...well, they're going to be these low budget deals that pay very little. Very, very little.

I do have a lead on another gig starting soon - which might end up leaving me no time to get anything done around the house.

More later, for now, I am going to congratulate myself for a job well done by going to bed and NOT waking to an alarm clock. Doesn't that sound decadent?!

That's a wrap!

No comments: