Pages

5.04.2011

This is where...

This is the point in time where I begin to wonder why I hate myself so much. :)

At the end of each production day I am looking at mountains of paperwork, knowing full well I still have at least another hour to go (if not more) - making certain I've got everything logged and lined and legible, and that the math is correct, so that I can turn in my daily report and walk away.

No, you don't get paid for this extra time beyond the twelve hours. I am barely getting paid the worth of the position to begin with.

Oh, and I didn't get the corporate thing. Had a phone call during day one from the headhunter. He said that the company had identified someone for the CM position - and that it must have been someone internal (meaning: it isn't me).

I would be lying to say that I wasn't looking forward to the prospect of having regular work...regular working hours...regular health insurance (hell, ANY health insurance). I would be less than honest if I didn't admit that the possibility of having cash to spend on screen doors, and finish the staircase, and perhaps to pay off the student loan (you get the picture) wasn't a huge fantasy.

I suppose I let myself count my chickens too far ahead of the eggs hatching.

This is the part where I cry a little and then keep moving forward.

No comments: