Pages

12.22.2012

Weird

We had a garbage collection service for a while, but only because they bought out our first choice collection service.  And this (usurper) service we subscribed to was a large 'pain in the rubbish' from the very beginning.

They were problematic.  They were sporadic.  They were hit or miss.  They were sub-standard.   They were non-responsive.  They were messy.  They were Waste Management.

At some point - at least one full month AFTER I told them to take a hike; that I wasn't going to pay their exorbitant and outrageous rate hike (PLUS an additional rate to cover a fuel bill for their collection trucks) - I had to call them again to let them know their container was still sitting in front of my home, and that I expected they would retrieve it in short order.

Well, that second call was in early NOVEMBER!

It wasn't until mid-December that a truck stopped out in front of the house a finally snagged the recycling bucket from the yard.  The wind was having a pretty fabulous time knocking it about up until that time.

We had a second (dark green, square-ish) container up near the front porch which we used to toss the cat doot bags into, from which we would collect them all into another larger bag that would go out to the curb on trash collection day.  It was a system which worked for us.

This second dark green box sat against the front porch, behind the stairs, and was usually shielded further from view by my car - the Duke.  So imagine my surprise this morning when I opened the front door to quickly pitch the bag of freshly harvested cat bombs into our green bucket, only to find - - - NO GREEN RECEPTACLE!

That's right, you guessed it.  Someone help themselves to our bucket full of feces baggies!

But I think I am more upset that they didn't take the two larger offerings of complete cat box changes away with it all!  I mean, those were neatly bagged and ready to go.

;)

Some people, right?

No comments: