Pages

12.28.2012

Ongoing tasks

Once I get home there is so much to do.

Lots of lost time to make up in clearing out, cleaning up and rearranging the rest of  the lower level.  My deadline is self-initiated and self-imposed, but I want to begin the new year better than I did the last, er....uh. That is to say, I wish to end twenty-twelve on a more positive....

OK.  Let's just admit I've allowed the last [good long while] to get away from me. 

And then I allowed the overflow of that mess (and disappointment) to run my life and get the best of my outlook and demeanor. 

And on top of all that chaos, I allowed myself to be lead away from my own plans and time lines in order to help out extended family, instead of concentrating on my life, my plans and directions, my little family.

I really am quite the middle child prototype.

Brian had time off from work that I had wanted to utilize in positive ways - trying to finish moving the heaviest pieces of furniture around and then get the large sewing table relocated to the lower level.  His muscle combined with Karl's is critical, since I can no longer be trusted with heavy objects and a weak peritoneal lining.

Being at Gran's instead of home on Bud's days off has been a letdown, since so much progress had been made up to this point in time.  Everything I wanted to accomplish is at a standstill again - rats!

And of course, now that it's snowed so heavily, it will be a while before the trestle table can be carried 'round to the backside of the house - the hill will be treacherous until the grass is much drier.

Let's put it this way:
One of my new ongoing tasks will be to stop making certain everyone else is happy and content before I am -- unless, of course, they pay really well and provide health care benefits at a reasonable cost.

No comments: