Pages

8.02.2013

Catching up

I took the time yesterday to finish the paint job I began last week (before leaving to stay with mom), but ended up in tears.

Everything was moving along fine, then I began to peel the tape at the wall junctions and at the ceiling. Yup, you guessed it! The paint came of in large pieces along the ceiling, and by the time I could get it to stop, several inches were gone! Today will be a day of cleaning up the edges with a blade; using plaster to fill in and smooth it all over; sanding the dry compound; washing the wall down in those areas, then; priming the repaired spots and repainting.

Although, to be truthful with myself, the priming and painting will most likely happen tomorrow. Everything needs drying time, and I don't want any further issues with this paint job!!! Besides, there were also spots in the middle of the wall where it bubbled up and pealed, too, and those will need the same treatment. So I have enough to do with the filling and such to keep me from priming and painting today.

I don't know why this happened, since the first layer went on without any hitches or glitches - this just doesn't make any sense. It was/IS all very frustrating and disappointing, and I washed up everything in a flood of tears last night.

The boys had their own clean-up to attend to, since Hobbes lay down with her tail draped across the lid of the paint can! I couldn't believe it - the one time I grabbed the can to pour more paint in the tray and went right back to work without replacing the can lid!!! Really, Hobbes?!?!?!?

I'm still shaking my head over that one. I'll keep you updated on everything. Sadly. I won't get to move the furniture to it's experimental spots, but that's the breaks I s'pose. Of course, it also means there will be a further delay in hanging the art back on the walls and getting the new quilt pole hung as well.

[heavy sigh]

No comments: