Pages

8.23.2013

Go figure

Got up this morning and the temperature in the house was a little chilly. It wasn't horrible by a long shot, but decidedly cooler than I would have thought the boys would let it get. Of course, when I wandered down the hallway to turn the fan off I found their bedroom ceiling fans still turning (against house rules), and both of them cuddled under the summer-weight blankets (and anything else they could find) on their respective beds. HA!

Their rooms are right under the attic fan we use to cool down the house, and over the last few days (and throughout this heat wave) we have utilized the lovely old beast to its full potential. Bliss!

Still, I can't understand (even after several discussions) why neither of them flipped the switch on the fan once they began to shiver sometime during the night; nor why they left their ceiling fans on; nor why they didn't simply slide their windows shut while they lie in bed freezing.

Go figure.

But I'll go you one better. I got up to 'fix' things, and found I needed to turn on the floor fans in the lower level and in the living room despite the lovely 65*F throughout the house. Without the circulation happening from the large attic fan, I was not as comfortable as I would have thought - even with a steady sixty-five degrees!

Go figure....indeed.

No comments: