Pages

7.19.2009

DAY 1! Only three weeks to go.

So this was D day - day 1 of the event. I awoke to the sounds of sweet little birds, as usual, but very quickly I heard the hoo-rah chanting of drilling troups coming from somewhere on base. Before I knew it, they were jogging past my billet in tight formation, and I couldn't get my camera out fast enough.

I have since adjusted the volume so that the sound will be enjoyable for you, and not just a memory for me. Tomorrow I will be 100% prepared for the event. This was also the first time I had the pleasure of hearing the cannon fire at 6:00h. What a racket! I wonder if that is only done when there are the number of dignitaries on the base, as there are currently. Lots of Generals, Brig Generals, etc.

The morning meeting wrapped hours ago, and I managed to get the report written quickly for a change. This is something I like to get accomplished right away so as not to lose anything in translating notes later. Plus, there are needs to get it done sooner rather than later, and I managed to find a very quiet location to in order to get it done!! It was heaven. My usual spot is noisy, noisy, NOISY, and with constant interruptions. I will get you a walking tour soon.

For now, thanks for stopping by, and be good.

Love to all.

No comments: