Pages

7.19.2009

EOD

End of day, and despite the fact I worked my fingers to the bone, I still did not complete the budget scrub. There are too many pieces, too many copies of originals, and a haphazard way of tracking them - which is part of my job - to make sense of the chaos.

To make matters worse, there are way too many non-financial-minded folks, who try to give you what you may need, but not timely or in a good order....so it is time-consuming undoing all of those Gordian Knots.

Add to that frustration of the endless interruptions and the noise of steady traffic in and out of the trailer all day - and you have the equivalent of a day at the beach with a roomful of kindergartners.

Fortunately, I have been blessed with a new friend and his extreme generosity. Mustafa has given me the use of his Prayer Room whenever I need it, and it is heaven on earth! He is one of our Interpreter/Liaisons during the exercises, and he is an incredibly interesting soul. More about Mustafa another time. For now, I am off line and out the door. I have promised myself a trip to town for dinner and a break, then back to my room for a night of a new LO:CI! I can't see that at home, and it is a new season episode!!!

It doesn''t take much when you are far from home and on your own.

Squishes.

No comments: