Pages

6.12.2010

Dribs and drabs

These lovely creations are gone for another year. [sniff]
Brian's hearing is improving, although he is also starting to feel the effects of the antibiotics he's on. The hearing in his right ear is there (it has been nil for some time), and he says the "fullness" he's been experiencing behind/in the ear seems to be diminishing as well. Yea!! No signs of any change on the left side - YET.
There are four days left of the larger dose AB; it started off as quite a bit the first day, and the dosage goes down each day you take it (7 day course). I pray the end of the AB finds him able to hear out of both ears again.
His mood seems a little more buoyant with the improvement, so.... :^)
There is the threat of rain from the weather dweebs for the entire weekend, and while we did get a smattering late in the afternoon yesterday, it only served to increase the humidity levels. Nothing got watered.
I trans-potted a few more of my starters yesterday, taking care to keep the finger out of the fray. I had hoped to get it done just prior to the rain beginning so they could be watered-in in a gentle way. Feh! After the rain ended, I inspected the scene and then ended up watering them by hand.

There were a few little seedlings who, I fear, were drowning in their tray because of all the rain we've had; the starter trays sit in holder trays, that have no vent holes to allow the water to drain, so I think that was doing them in. After a good rain, I would go out to the deck and tip the trays to pour off the excess water - and it was always a flood! The plants I re-potted in May as sprouts are doing splendidly, so I figured I should probably increase the chances for the others.
Why not?
By now, everything should be bushy and bursting at the seams to be in the ground; and there are my little seedlings, not gaining any ground in their moist conditions (at least, that's what I am blaming it on). It will only take a week to see a difference, so I'll keep you posted.
I have received no word from anyone of the number of small projects crewing up that I submitted to, but there is still time. And, I will submit more resumes and letter of interest over the weekend. "Regular" jobs are few and far between, but I was forwarded a terrific site for State of Michigan jobs from my lovely friend Maria. Thank you, Maria!! There were two I am most interested in, and possibly well qualified for, and a small handful of office jobs/admin work, to boot. God bless you, Maria. Oh, and congratulations on your accomplishment with the green training! You are through with your year of major instruction and had commencement, and now are on to engine training? Go Maria! By the way, it has been far too long since we saw one another, and I am planning to visit you in the near future.
That is a threat. My quilting photos and newer quilting blog entries are now at: www.truenorthquilter.blogspot.com.

No comments: