Pages

6.15.2010

So, yesterday

I responded to only a couple of new ads out there in job-searchland, and came up with one fast response from some dude named Ozzie Wels (at least that is how the email signature shows), and he keeps asking for more information - which is fine. It shows an interest on his (their) part (he keeps refering to "us" and "we" in his idiotic replies), but it is getting tedious.

I can't tell from the last poorly written message if they want "samples of my film and TV work" via viewing (which they already have access to - sent it with my initial letter), or if [they] wanted a copy of my credit page. Now [they] are asking "what cameras do you have?", when I've already listed my generic equipment supply. I said I have (1) camera initially - so [they] do not read for content. Plus, what does it matter what sort of EQ I own, [their] ad said nothing about the 'camera men' needing to supply EQ. THAT becomes a package fee on top of the daily rate.

See! All of these schmucks want something for nothing!

So now I need to respond again, giving them that specific and.....

[They] gave a scenario where actors are filmed for an hour or so (auditioning) and want to cull that into 5-7 minutes of those actors doing the read - [they] asked "what are you do best at?"

Um, what???

Here. Here is the text [they] sent last:

"Beth what specific cameras do you have? We will start by filming actors doing a read[performing] out of 1 hour or less we are looking for 5 thru 7 minutes after editing. What areas are you best at [ Please list]"

Now, what the hell do [they] mean by "What areas are you best at." Besides the fact the punctuation is missing/wrong, geez. By the way, I cut and pasted that segment - I did not type it in myself.

What are [they] looking for? Initially, I answered an ad for a "camera men." Yes, that's right....that was the ad title. Folks, I don't make this crap up.

I answered [their] first request for more info around 2pm yesterday (my letter #2), then saw nothing for hours...vacuumed, sewed a little, helped Karl complete his first assignment for class!!, made dinner, washed dishes and then I went to bed. This morning I found [their] response/request in my inbox from just about 11pm last night.

Look, I know I want work, and I know I should jump on this, but this is rediculous. I am trying to formulate the best answer I can and still get something in return, but [their] poorly written emails have me concerned about what it is I could be getting into with this one. For an initial $50 per day, with a promise of possible work to come in the future.....hhmmmm. Where do I draw the line?

And still, I have not heard from the one job I really wanted - a scripty position for six weeks, starting in July.

Yesterday was exciting, today is disappointing.

No comments: