Pages

2.09.2011

It's been a very long day

Up at 6AM to get a jump on the day.

OK, not really "up" so much as 'awake.'

OK. So not even "awake" so much as 'aware of the alarm going off.'

Alright! OK. Ya caught me. I was snoozing for the second time at 6:15AM! Heroically trying to convince myself to get up and get moving so Brian could be at his dental appointment in Flint by eight o'clock.

Yes, I know the boy can drive and navigate his own way there (probably), but I opted to drive to keep the excessive miles off of his sweet old car. He already does enough stupid 'tripping' hither and yon, so I figured the best course of action was just to drive him myself.

ALSO, I figured he probably hadn't had much sleep (he and Karl were still watching Craig Ferguson when he signed off at 1:30AM); this way I could keep from imagining the worst over the eight-and-one-half-hours it took for the entire ordeal.

That's right, from the time we left the house to the time we returned, it was over 8 hours!

It's all good though, he has no reported cavities and his teeth were cleaned and fluorided (is that right? - you know what I mean, right?) for $25 and the investment of time. Well worth it.

Today should have been our second trip to that school in Flint, but with last week's storm everything was shifted a week and Karl's date in the dental chair has been moved to next Wednesday. My own cleaning (which originally was next week) may have to be postponed for a while longer.........since now it looks like I may have a short gig in the Big Apple!

Prayers muttered, fingers crossed, hopes cast to the wind, please let it be so.

After Brian and I arrived home I searched my email quickly for work (as I do several times a day), and opened an email box I have begun using to filter production email responses - but I somehow missed this new email from over a day ago.

I read the script they sent along, responded to their questions regarding time frame availability and interest, then added my travel question to my own response. Now, it will be a quick waiting game to see if I get the job with them footing the travel expenses. "Quick" because the filming will commence before the end of the month, and plans will need to be made in haste if I am still to join their crew after they find I am not a NY local.

Oh yes, it's been a very long day, and I think I need a nap before I wash the dishes.

I'll let you know what the outcome is as soon as I know it myself.

No comments: