Pages

2.19.2011

Randomness

Update: I usually do not go back into an entry and make changes, but this one deserved a preface as I had a note or two regarding "WTF?" The title says: "Randomness" - what do you suppose the content of this blog entry might include?

Ah-haaaaa.

Carry on. (and don't say I didn't warn you)

My bladder said "get up" and the cats said "stay up, we're going to require 'fooding.' " That was about half an hour ago. [yawn]

Had another sale on Halfdotcom (finally).

Received my first - ever - real crew shirt from a production! I've been on several projects, and a few of them had shirts (or talked a good game about them), but this was the first shirt I've ever received, and I couldn't be prouder.

Making progress on that quilt - are you checking in on that at all?

Saw a good movie yesterday - actually, two good movies. Well....one terrific movie and one pretty sweet little film. Alright. Well, uhhhh....more like an Oscar-nominated (and soon to win) film and a picture that went straight to DVD.

They couldn't have been more diverse, these two films. One was shot in the UK and had a beautiful cast of superb actors (and Helena Bonham Carter), and the second was shot in MI and had a lot of names in it as well (and many unknown young actors). That's right, I am talking about The King's Speech and Flipped. It was my first outing to a theater to see a film in ages, and I am glad I didn't waste it.

Wish I had walked outside while the temps were agreeable. (I am such a ninny.)

Didn't get (take) that job in NY, mostly because they were not going to cover the travel -- and I wasn't going to, either. Not for a "lo/no/deferred." Yes, I am "passionate" about the craft. No, I am not a patsy. I will choose for whom I will work for free, thank you very much.

Received another (really late) W-2 in the mail yesterday. Feel like sending the dude a note and say "thanks, but I've already done my taxes. Now what?" Jeez, it's really becoming de rigueur for employers to mail those darned things whenever they feel like it, and not in a timely fashion, isn't it?

What's on deck for today? I guess we will find out together.

Boy, this was random.

No comments: