Pages

2.01.2011

First of February

Yahoo! Goodbye January and hello shorty-mcshort-short month!

Of course, hello to "Snowmageddon", as well. This storm has been widely publicized and forecast and on the 'dread this' list for a week, and now it's finally here...or will be soon.

People have been in a real panic over the eventual arrival of this monster snowfall for the last two days, so I am glad I went to the market for provisions when I did. Store shelves were cleared of any bottled water (drink your tap water, people, it's good!). Bread, milk products and eggs were non-existent, and many other items were low -- and the lines were long, long, long.

Oh, I hear you: "If you already went shopping, then why did you feel the need to go back? What did you forget?"

I went to the store for two items that we really could have done without, but because I was out anyway on a different mission I figured I would make good use of the time/chance to grab plain baked chips for Karl (he doesn't like flavored ones), and fennel.

"Fennel?!"

Yes, fennel. Bud and I watched Jacques Pepin make a dish which requires fennel, and guess what we don't have on hand. That's right!

We do have fennel seed, but not the actual bulbs, and I think the dish would be better with fresh fennel. Sadly, the store had none, so it looks as though we will have to make do with fennel seed after all. Ah well.

Oh, and the reason I was out and about anyway, was to take two books to the PO for shipping! Yes! I've sold my first two books (to different people) online!!! Yea, and thank you to you lovely people!

February FIRST, indeed. :) ;)

No comments: