Pages

2.05.2011

Ugh! and Aahhh!

So many books!

C'mon, folks....buy 'em up!

After the first sales showed up at the beginning of the week I became very excited, but then...pfft! Evaporation time. I would like to remain hopeful (really, I would) and think happy thoughts, but seriously? Two sales in less than two days (within 15 hours of each other) and then nothing?!

I know, it appears as though I am impatient and looking at a half empty glass (versus the whole "glass half full" thing). :P

Well, what of it? There's no rhyme or reason to what happens, I know this, but it just seemed odd to open my inbox later on Tuesday and find two sales where there had been none when I checked Monday evening (before starting dinner).

After I stopped doing the happy dance I got busy with next steps. You have to print off mailing labels and invoices, respond to any additional email from the buyer and get the merchandise ready to travel. Package the [books] and take care that they won't get ruined during the shipping process, then get yourself to the post office in enough time to catch the evening mail truck.

Three out of four ain't too bad. [sheepish grin] I actually ended up driving to a local large mercantile, after the PO closed, to ship the books out ahead of the snow storm - just ahead of the storm. The roads were already covered and slick when I pulled out of my driveway, and the longer I was out the deeper and more treacherous it became.

Needless to say, I was happy to have gotten the packages out of the house when I did; and I am happy to report that the first one was delivered to its final destination by 9AM on the fourth! Yup, that's right. One beautiful book made it all the way to Bowling Green, KY from Michigan, through a nasty storm and a long ride in less than 2.5 days!! The second parcel is stuck somewhere in IL mail hell.

According to the tracking provided from the USPS, the second book, which went to a buyer in Illinois, has yet to be delivered! I know, right?! Go figure.

I am still holding out hope that it will arrive where it's supposed to today.

Of course, I am also hoping for many more sales in the near future, just to make inputting all of that information into the data base worthwhile.

http://shops.half.ebay.com/funnyladyinred_W0QQmZbooks

Thanks for spreading the word!

No comments: