Pages

6.10.2013

Lost and found

I spent a good deal of yesterday lost in the ordeal of finding the surface of my sewing table.  By the end of the day I had struck gold...but felt miserable when I finally put the lid on the large storage container, and said goodbye to something I was looking forward to really making progress on over the next few months.

The process of totally putting away one project while it's under construction is not a simple act.  Especially at the scale of VGS, but it needed doing.

By the end of the day I had only piles of pieces to cut, and those I sorted into gallon zipbags.  Over time I will work on cutting the chunks and strips in those bags into 1"x1" pieces, neatly sorted by color and ready for use when I uncrate the beast within.  'Til then, I will have to console myself with losing time on my treasured quilt project and find someplace to store the large blue box!

In the meanwhile, I intend to pick up lost projects and finish them before allowing myself to find time to invest in such a lofty quilt project.

No comments: