Pages

3.19.2008

Hey! Where are all of the flower sprouts?!

After walking around Belle Isle's conservatory this past weekend, I was marveling at the number of bulbs which had begun peeking out of the soil in their sidewalk planters. Scadwads of tulips and daffodils (I imagine), about half an inch to three quarters...poking their sunny, promising lil selves out of the cold dark soil.

So I, of course - being the somewhat eager, but competitive soul that I am - rushed home to scan my own front flowerbed for signs of life from anything except the bumper crop of weeds which I'd allowed to consume the flowerbed last summer.

Depression does strange things to one's spirit and desires.

I now am in need of a few dry, but blissfully sunny days, where I have nothing at all planned, so that I can don my work boots and leather garden gloves, and really get a lot of cleaning done to get ready for a beautiful garden summer. (I know, you think that should be "summer garden"...but no).

Have a great day, I shall return soon. Peace out.

1 comment:

Rie said...

... here on the first day of spring we might get up to 10 inches of snow. And those buds you saw the other day, are now officially buried. Well Happy EASTER!!