Pages

3.15.2008

Seriously!?

I haven't blogged in a week? What a lame duck I am!

It has been a nutty, coo-coo week...nothing specific to do, but lots of it (whatever it was). A test - mid-terms - on Wednesday, and I was photographing everything and shooting tape like mad. Fun, fun, FUN...seriously!

I had help from my class cohorts with the

"human square"

- it's for my attempt at an 'opening' (and for personal demo stuff). I want to get it edited and running for at least one show. If that doesn't happen, well, then for my demo piece, at least. Doggone FCP, anyway!

Oh, received a 98% on the test...thanks for asking. :^) Tah-dah!!

Today, I went to a Kodak 'Stop By, Shoot Film' thingy; held at the aquarium on Belle Isle. Yes! That beautiful old, closed building next to the conservatory. It was so cool! Although, the crux of the filming was done in the conservatory, and not in the aquarium. I took the liberty of sneaking a few shots of the inside of the tank display area. Sadly, while we were able to walk through the workings of the aquarium itself (behind the scenes, so-to-speak), I had my hands full, and so was unable to snap any pictures of the holding tanks and breeder tanks, etc, which was all so incredibly fascinating, and derelict, and eerily silent. It was screaming to be photographed!

Thank you to Serenity, and to the KODAK folks, for providing the opportunity, AND the fabulous venue! Enjoy the photos.

This was a smattering of the photos I took while at the conservatory. I intend to go back to the Isle several more times...there is a lot still to get "on film" - statuary, outdoor shots, more architecture, the river and skylines. We truly have a gem here in our own backyard, perhaps you need to head to the "D" and experience it for yourself. I know I am glad I was out and about.

My eyes are open. Come join me in the fun. Til then, have a great nearly-spring weekend.

No comments: