Pages

3.31.2008

Last day of March...how d'ya like them apples?

Holy cow! Poof, just like that, March is over. Not "in like a lion and out like a lamb"...nor, 'in like a lamb and out like a lion.' It just blew in one wet, cold end, and chugged right out the other (just slightly warmer, is all).

In and out.

Wet, and wetter still.

It's ok though, the rain is necessary, and really...isn't it better than the freezing snow? I think getting stranded in the rain is preferable to becoming a human popsicle in one's car, right?

Weather chat aside, how's life moving along for everyone? It's 11:30 in the evening, and I am somehow too awake, yet, to climb into bed. I have just watched Slither for the second time, and found myself jumping at all the right moments; cringing when it was appropriate; covering my mouth so the slugs wouldn't get into the second female lead's mouth (you know how it works). C'mon, don't pretend that you don't 'swerve' in your chair to avoid getting hit by a car or to duck a punch, or to see around a corner when you watch a movie. Suspended disbelief, baby!

And yes, I know some of it (Slither) is super cheesy and somewhat lame in the SFX department, but by and large, even the bits of campy were clever and fit the tone of the movie.

They did a lot of laughing at themselves, which made the entire movie that much more entertaining (believability be damned).

Besides, watching Nathan Fillion's cute little facial expressions is totally worth the 120 minutes (oh, and yes, I stopped and rewound bits and pieces here and there - nyah).

"That's some f***ed up sh*t", dead-pans Bill Pardy.

Oh....do yourself a favor and watch it!

Tomorrow is the first meeting I will attend for the DWIFF, although many more volunteers have been at work on this puppy for over a year, now. I will meet my new PA 'boss', and a few other critical members of the team, and will get a task or 4 as well. The meeting will happen at Tech Town, and despite the fact that I will get another chance to be in a very cool place (and maybe get some stills of the area), I am dismayed by the distance and waste of gas. I will reserve judgement and bite my tongue until I see how everything moves, then I will either utter the other thought that is knocking around inside my skull, or it will go completely away. We shall see.

BOO! (made ya jump, right?)

If you're looking for my quilting photos & blog entries, they're now at: www.truenorthquilter.blogspot.com

No comments: