Pages

4.19.2012

Perspective

In the grand scheme of things...I am good!

As the world turns...things are pretty OK.

Despite all evidence to the contrary...life is grand.

Compared to others...it could be worse.

That said, of course we should never compare ourselves to others. Not to folks who have, and certainly not to those who have not (or, who have less). This sort of comparison will never be a fair assessment or indicator of any kind. Besides, if you really took the time to compare your (whatever) to theirs, you would find apples and oranges - and if you don't get that analogy, you've got other things to concentrate on first!

EVERYbody's life and ladder and happenstance is unique to them and their situation - because our lives are what we make them.

Yes, [my] life is "grand" - the current circumstances are complete shite, but life is grand! I am alive, my sons are fine in every way, the sun is shining, we have room to roam, the cars are working, I don't owe the taxman, I still have a grandma living and a wonderful mother, good friends, and talent up the wazoo to work with. Of course, there's more, but you get the idea.

So, if you will excuse me, I am off to mend my circumstances and find a better ladder to climb. My current ladder is completely out of rungs!

No comments: