Pages

4.07.2012

Tickled pink

Which is an appropriate color for the holiday season we are commercially 'hopping' through.

I finally sent the regretful note (I was not looking forward to sending) - the 'thanks-but-no-thanks' note to the overseas quilt show/symposium that wanted to hang my latest quilt as the finale' in one of its exhibitions.

I was excited, flattered, dumbfounded, tickled pink, eager and trepidatious - all at the same time - but I was almost equal amounts disappointed and deflated.

Weighing the pros and cons, the good with the bad, etc., I ventured off to my homeowners insurance agent to inquire after insurance for my beloved quilt...my artistically-crafted fabric wall hanging. I was told I could purchase extra coverage for it - beyond the scope of my homeowners policy - but that it would be an amount I wasn't going to be able to part with. Also, they did not appraise its value at the estimate I had given, nor did they think the value was realistic!

"After all, it's not like we can find the value in a Kelly's Blue Book, like we can for a classic car."

Tthhpppppppbbbbbt to you, triple vowel!!!!!! [nose-thumbing and raspberries galore]

At any rate, I totally expected to either receive NO response to my note (the frosty silent treatment), or to receive some amount of ridicule or chiding. Instead, the organizer of the event told me he was a big fan of my quilting, and that he would be delighted to feature any of my works in his magazine at a future date!!!

Maybe pink isn't the color....but I am definitely tickled.

Tickled...tickled...TICKLED!!!

No comments: