Pages

4.10.2012

Thought I was seeing things

As I entered the bathroom this morning I half-registered the image I saw through the window.

To my mind's eye, I had just witnessed a Washington, D.C., cherry blossom petal drift past the window!

Ah, cherry blossom time. I have always heard people speak of the beauty of cherry blossom season, and how lovely it is to stand among the cloud-like lanes of fluffy pink, blossom-laden trees.

Upon sleepy introspection, I realized it most certainly couldn't have come from D.C., since the typical air currents wouldn't have blown the right direction for it to have covered that much ground so far to the west (and somewhat north).

Nope, I rationalized, this cherry blossom petal was from Traverse City! Still, a long way from home, but it made much more sense...yes it did!

Moments later I was standing in the kitchen when I looked out another window, only to be met with the sight of a light flurry of those petals! It was then my mind woke up fully, remembering the weather weenie's promise of snow early on today...."if it happens."

I think I much prefer to remain thinking these are cherry blossom petals, if you don't mind.

No comments: