Pages

7.13.2012

Hmmmmm

Not sure what caused our power outtage last night, but we were very grateful to have the power come back on in the late night hours.

Everything except the TV and the old attic fan had been turned off. The television was an error - I had been upstairs making dinner when the power when out, and I had the set on loud enough so that I could hear the news while I was in the kitchen. I never thought to head to the lower level and hit the button to turn it off once it went silent. But I suppose I also thought the power would be back on again long before it actually happened, and so I forgot about it.

The fan I turned on on purpose before we all decided to turn in for the night. We use that fan to draw the cool night air throughout the house to cool it off on these dreadful days of summer, and I reasoned that if the power company managed to get the power up and running at some point, then we would have the benefits of the upper 60s without having to get up and interrupt our rest - any of us.

Aahhh, and it was a Godsend, too.

But here we are. A new day, another sunrise, and the promise of hot and sticky weather ahead. I wonder if the outtage was a one off, or insight to what we can expect for the remainder of the summer.

Finger's crossed and hopes are high that we will proceed through the rest of July (and the following two months) without too many more incidents.

No comments: