Pages

7.15.2012

Something somewhere has died

Could be my spirit, but given the smell outside, I'm fairly certain it's something else completely.

Although.......maybe I shouldn't be so quick to discount the possibility of an old, decaying spirit, eh?

Perhaps we trapped a critter in the confines of the porch slabs - entombing it and bringing about the end, but the smell really grows strongest away from the stoop, so thank you, Lord, for small favors (and I mean that most sincerely). We just can't open up the windows along the front for ventilation until WELL after dark and the heat of the day has abated almost entirely.

Woof!

I spent yesterday roaming from task to task in the house, getting the AC started much earlier in the day than usual - the humidity was atrocious, and I figured why wait and have to spend $ filtering and cooling extra heat and mugginess before the costly little AC unit can begin cooling the house off?

I also did a load of laundry and sorted through some papers.

Filed a few things (very few) and pitched several more.

Dishes; cleaned and cut veggies; made omelets for our breakfast; read most of a magazine, and; fretted over the quilting options on a current project. Today, I have things I must complete - laundry, for one, and nagging the boys into changing their sheets.

I am holding off on starting up the AC process (and it is growing stickier by the second), I want Karl good and practiced so that he can do it in my absence without the confusion and errors of last week.

Even though the temperature and humidity are swiftly rising already this morning, there is the slightest cool breeze blowing in the library window, and across my face and arms. Fleeting reprieves from the otherwise still stickiness which will grip the day. I am patiently waiting for Karl to rise and practice. Really. Very patiently.

The weather weenies have all promised uncomfortably hot, unrelenting ick for the coming three to four days, without much chance for relief at night, so we will have one heck of an enormous bill from the robber barons (AKA the electric company) for a second month! Ugh!

Time to stand up and walk away from this keyboard for a bit. More later. Stay cool, people!

No comments: