Pages

7.04.2012

What in the Hades?!?!?

Holy creeping steamy temps! I thought I could mentally sweat my way through this summer heat monopoly, but I was wrong.

Yup, it finally happened. I finally grew weary of the heat; to the point of having the slaves bring in the portable AC unit from the garage this morning. The severely increased humidity broke my resolve.

And since the heat (nor the humidity) was going to budge any time soon, I figured I may as well.

Brian escaped the drudgery of having to assist mommy with the taping of the foam core into place, but Karl didn't! Not only that, but the young boy was pressed into further service having to leave the house and go with me to purchase the duct tape needed to perform our taping miracle!

And I don't know why it is, but the process of getting the AC vent into place, and then taping the three Styrofoam pieces to it and around it (into the window frame) seemed to go so much faster this year. Whether that's true or the heat has simply affected my brain, I am OK with all of it simply because the job is done!

The AC unit has been running since right around eleven this morning, and so far, it is blissful in two main areas of the upper level!

Blissful, I tell ya!!!

With a little manipulation of an additional floor fan - and Karl's ceiling fan - the hallway is now much cooler, too - and so is the air in Karl's room! At least, it's not getting any warmer....and it's nowhere near as stagnant!

As a reward, I made the two of us a batch of smoothies, and now....I am going to plop myself in front of the sewing machine and start piecing the commissioned lap robe!

I don't know what in the h-e-double-hockeysticks I was thinking. Cool is so much better than not cool.

No comments: