Pages

9.11.2012

2008 says "merry Christmas" to me

Aahhh....it's honestly more like 2009 or 2010, really, but who's keeping track anyway?

I have wanted Bud's old tires moved out of the middle of the garage floor (to a less inconvenient spot) for quite some time now. Every time I've asked for his help in moving them - or for him to simply do it himself - I would come up against vague mumbled promises and grumbly attitude.

I can do without the 'tude!

It wasn't only that the tires were (have been) in the way all this time, but because they were useless and BALD and unsafe to use for any reason, I couldn't understand why he brought them home!

I could never figure out why he didn't have them removed from the rims and dispensed with when he finally bought himself a brand new set of tires. I mean, he....they...were all right there in the tire place!

Since that time (the advent of the new tires), many are the occasions when the suggestion had been made to throw the four wheels into the back of 'the Duke' and get the dirty deed done.

Every time I journeyed into the garage in a fit of cleaning (in hopes of carving out a place to park for the winter), I was stymied by those darned tires!

The great tower of tread-less rubber.

I could barely move them without straining something vital, and they were an even bigger nuisance to try and maneuver around.

So, yesterday, in a fit of whatever mood I was in, I dragged the boys outdoors and had them assist me with a little garage remodeling. Not much, mind you (nowhere near enough to my liking), but it was a fabulous 22 minutes!

We took the AC unit out of the LR and stored it; cleaned out a smattering of useless bits and pieces just laying about, reconfigured some of the larger standing items...and removed those darned tires before Bud could utter a noise.

I didn't give him a chance or a choice...just said grab 'em and let's load 'em up and get 'em stripped down to the rims! Today! [insert cracking whip noise here]

Well, long story medium-sized:

We got the tires to the dealer in short order, and the rims were laid bare in less than fifteen minutes - and for far less than I anticipated it would cost!

Without saying "I told you so", once we arrived home I simply told the boy "thank you" for getting that nasty task out of the way, and pointed to the 23" of floor space the rims have been allocated - on what may become his side of the garage (provided he can continue cleaning out a spot for his v-dub).

Ha! Merry Christmas, indeed.

No comments: