Pages

9.06.2012

And one more thing

This venting is more for my peace of mind to just "get it out there," so if you want to skip this post that would be my (strong) suggestion.

OK, well, in all honesty, probably several more 'things'.....but I promise this will be brief (-er).

1) So, she says "I was enjoying getting to know you."

May I point out, she really never got to "know [me]" as she was extremely busy running her mouth about all of her woes, everything the world was doing 'to her', why me-ing and sobbing over everyting bad, brought on by her own mismanagement and stupidity over the years -- and recent months.

If you can't pay your mortgage or your taxes some day.....it will catch up to you. But by all means, buy and keep a frigging-expensive car you don't need and can't afford either! That'll make it all better.

Oh, and she was so busy lamenting and venting that she never asked about my life or family, except enough to have points to commiserate on.

2) "...I didn't foresee you getting up upset and blowing me off."

I didn't get "upset," per se', I simply did what she had been instructing me to do all of this year, and sporadically over the past several years (when I was begged to watch her house and "let me know if/when [insert random child name here] shows up at my house or goes in").

I tried to stop the loud music one of the girlfriends of the returning addict son, and when I could accomplish nothing on my own I contacted Boohoo Pam. She was online posting diet homilies on FB, so I tried messaging and emailing.

No word from her sent me to step two (her idea, all that time ago) - call the cops! I contentedly waited (because it wasn't an emergency), and eventually, the noise was addressed and taken care of.

May I further point out, that even after the boy came over to complain about my complaining (about current gf's noise), I loaned them tables to use for their lackluster attempt at a garage sale.

And 'further' further point out that I didn't 'blow her off' in any way, shape, or form. We ("me and mine") went about our ensuing days as we normally have done and still do - coming and going, trying to make eye contact and wave (if appropriate), while she hid in the shadows and acted as she always has. When she wanted or needed something there was contact, otherwise, she had no use for me/us.

3) As for the "actually, I should be the one upset, but I never stay that way..." garbage, "...I am sorry you think we are such bad people; I know we are not" tripe is projecting her thoughts and not a reflection of mine. Hey, good, free, vaudeville theater/entertainment is good free entertainment, man. She made a spectacle of that family, nobody else. When she needed a hug and a shoulder, she came over and asked for one, then spent hours hiding here from her son (with his phone) while he lay passed out on her floor.

I tried to tell her to pray and believe, to keep moving forward. She waffled and bemoaned and cried wolf and made snap decisions and then had a mega load of regrets -- and then would repeat it all week after week.

My sons are not issues or problems or out of control. God has blessed me with the willingness and instinct to keep them on the right track when all around us things and people could have badly influenced them; and He provided good family friends to help guide them and listen to them when my sons needed it to not be mom. He has been merciful and I have been a diligent parent. They are fine young men!

It's life! Stop putting your woes and ill thoughts at my doorstep! Grow up and try to behave as a human and not a sniveling dog. Put your head up and shoulders back and walk upright in the sun. Stop cowering and pointing fingers and assuming what YOU DON'T KNOW!

Obviously, you must think you are 'that sort' of person or you wouldn't be so "sorry" and apologetic, nor would you feel compelled to wonder what other folks are wondering.

4) Yes, hopefully a much quieter family will move in once you're gone, and a much more normal-behaving, friendly, more affable, less whiny, more responsible sort of people will find their way into the neighborhood...but time will tell.

Okey doke, so if you didn't heed my warning and went on to read this post anyway, and now you want your time back, forget it! I can't get mine back either, so I suppose we should all just move along. Tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: