Pages

2.15.2013

A tad of this & a tiddle of that

Managed to finish another of the 81-piece blocks, leaving fewer than three to go before the miniature version of PQ1 is completed.  My hope is to piece together another full block before I fall asleep "at the wheel" tonight.  Once this mini top is done I will resume quilting Black Widow I, and go full bore on completing laying out and stitching the last quarter of a red, white and blue crazy quilt piece begun years ago.  Years.

Brian is still quite snorky and congested - head and chest - and has turned down a chance to work an extra shift at his beloved game place tonight!  Karl seems fine for the time being [knock on wood].  He is cloistered in his room on his PC...oblivious to everything else (as usual).

The girls are scattered around me, sleeping. 

I hear from friends once in a while.  Maria has returned to school, using the opportunity of a lifetime (literally), and by all accounts on her blog, she is loving it!  GO, MARIA!  We will absolutely need to get together very soon to catch up and look over one another's quilty things.  Jean is busy finishing up another semester of her radiology program.  I admire her tenacity, goodness knows.  Third time was the charm!

I read people's goings on through FB, so I see what I am missing (and NOT missing) around the mitten.

Well, I am heading upstairs to make a snack for the three of us; no doubt Hobbes' food radar will go off and there will be an extra (noisy) mouth begging for her share before I can clean the counter and put things away!  Dinner tonight is still a mystery, but most likely will include chicken since I bought some on sale earlier this week and need to use it up.

Enjoy your evening, and celebrate the fact that it's Friday once again.  Let me know what you're up to, too.

No comments: