Pages

2.16.2013

Dinner last night

Yup, so I filleted and breaded chicken breasts in a mix of panko and regular, finely-ground bread crumbs.  It was delicious right out of the pan, but then I turned it into Chicken Parmigiana - without mozzarella cheese.  Bit of an oopsy, there.

Note: Never substitute shredded Monty Jack and Cheddar for mozzarella.

Wishing I had just heated the sauce mixture on the stove then served it over the lightly fried chicken (with the cheese - the Monty Jack and ground parm).  Instead, I put it in our small crock to heat through, as though placing a pan of Chicken Parmigiana in the oven (one of which I don't currently have).  If I hadn't 'crocked it', the chicken would have been enjoyable as it was right out of the pan with the light flakey panko crust, smothered in the veggie marinara sauce.

Well, now I know.  Live and learn, eh?

It wasn't horrible, and it had a consistency similar to Eggplant Parm, but with meat instead.  Yummy, but lacked the lovely, hefty string-i-ness of mozzarella.  Served it with a nice side salad and enjoyed a nice dinner with the boys. 

What's on the menu at your house tonight?

No comments: