Pages

2.17.2013

Cooties're everywhere!

Got home a little while ago, after having spent the morning teaching the last of a 2-part class for children (making a stuffed animal pillow.  But not stuffed with real animals...that'd be cruel).

If you'd been looking in you would have noticed that these girls spent a good deal of time mining their noses instead of working at the project on the tables before them.  Every time I turned around one of 'em had a finger strategically placed up a nostril.  I was terrified to touch anything they had been working with, knowing full well I was going to draw back a handful of snot locker gems - whether they were of the crunchy or slimy variety.

I was squibbed out....feeling squiffy....nauseated....grossed out to the max....wishing I had rubber gloves.

I offered each one of them, in turn, a tissue - NOT the same tissue, mind you, and each declined saying they didn't need one.  Are you kidding me?! 

I just caught you (all) picking your noses, and you don't need a tissue!?!?  Are you sure you don't need one?  Do you WANT one?

The answer is:
Oh, YES. YOU. DO.

On the way home I drove to Kroger to return a brand new package of Thomas' Bagels, that amazingly were covered in mold!  Yup.  MOLD everywhere.  The sell by date on the packaging stated February 21st...so why are they moldy so soon?  I dunno.  I only know (and cared) about getting the refund.

Stopped into a Little Caesars to pick up a pizza for Karl and myself to enjoy as a quick lunch-like treat.  No cooking for me, and Karl would be satisfied and happy for a good long while (at least, that is, until dinnertime rolls around).  Hey, five bucks for a pie is a deal!

The young man greeting me as I stepped through the 'za-hole door was clearing his throat and complaining about it feeling scratchy "and sorta like it's getting sore."  [insert Home Alone scream here] 

Instead of high-tailing it out the door (as I probably should have) I told him to go home and rest and drink LOTS of non-alcoholic fluids, along with taking an Airborne right away, and taking doses of cranberry tablets. Not juice, but capsules/pills/tablets.  Ignore the label suggesting it's good for preventing/treating urinary tract infections, and start taking them with every meal and at bedtime.  Works like a charm, especially so if you begin when the slightest irritations show themselves.

For the mommying advice we were rewarded with a buttered and Parmesan-covered crust on our pizza!  It was extra delish!  But, now I think I need to go take some Airborne and cranberry supplements.

Ish.  :^b

No comments: