Pages

2.14.2013

Still cranky

Yes, I am still cranky over the (substitute) mail carrier 'creasing' my mailbox, and I know I will be EVERY time I have to use that very bent handle to attempt opening the flap to retrieve my mail.

My eldest cat has gone painfully hard of hearing (which has become very evident over the past two months), and I feel awful for her; seeing us move our mouths and looking her way, and wondering what has gone wrong.  I can't imagine the grief this must cause her little brain.  What cruel trick are we humans pulling on her that she has no noise to accompany the sights she is used to?  Poor old dear.

Brian has been sick, but seems to have thankfully avoided the flu-ish portions of it all.  He is still very stuffed up and somewhat congested, but also seems to be on the mend.  Hooray!

Karl passed his second Algebra test with a 90%!  He says he is feeling more confident in class, and is able to spot when he gets to a section of the homework where the instructor hasn't yet gotten to in class. [happiness]

The thrill of K's success in class is somewhat offset by the little demon she-beast who stalked him last year; who once was a friend but became quite twisted and bossy, displacing her frustration with me (long story) onto him, and emotionally hampering Karl on a daily basis.  He finally got wise and cut her off, cut her loose, tuned her out and moved along.  It was a hard (but good) lesson for him, and he sailed through it with a modestly small amount of discomfort overall. 

However, she now seems to have found him on campus and narrowed in on his routines, haunting his route and yelling out taunts as he walks by.  Odd that she wasn't in these locations for the five+ weeks of class which have passed from the beginning of the semester to now, so I have to wonder what may be next.  Stay tuned.

Yesterday was sunny and enjoyable, but today is back to cold, grey, and snowy.  Tomorrow is to be a mix of snow AND rain along with the low temps (WHY??), and I feel moved to admit I am quite tired of it all.

Busily working on a number of projects; my intentions are to have one - if not two - items to enter into the next AQS event for 2013.  Also have another Sewing 101 class added to my calendar for the very beginning of March, but if I have not received payment for the remaining 9 classes I have lead since mid-January up to now, I will be turning down anything further.  Perhaps this will light a fire under their payroll department (and anyone else who needs to keep up-to-date in making my payments appear in a more timely fashion).

One can dream.

More another time, at present I am feeling muddled and need to step away from the keyboard. Ciao!

No comments: