Pages

2.09.2013

Grrrrr...just grrrr (& expletives)

The substitute couriers for our regular mail person are without a doubt UNQUALIFIED for this duty.

Today was the worst experience to date, as the driver made contact between my mail box and her vehicle mirror, bending the handle used to open the flap on the mailbox.

After contacting someone at the postal office, I was told it wasn't possible the damage was caused by the substitute postal driver since this particular carrier "is honest...and would have called in to say she had had an accident."

R-i-i-i-i-i-ght. 

All carriers are so honest, nothing by way of an accident would ever happen and [they] wouldn't just drive off without saying something. 

Uh-huh. 

They are all so honest, right? 

That would explains why there have been SO many complaints and arrests for dishonesty of postal workers stealing items from their customers, not delivering mail (hording it in their homes, etc), poorly delivering items in a less than decent manner - tossing them over fences, shoving over-sized packages into too small a box, etc.

Yup, I am supposed to just sigh and accept the newest damage to my mailbox of this latest deliverer because "that's the way it goes."  Because I didn't stand out there and "witness the impact" it didn't happen...because of an accident on the deliverer's part. 

Yup, that's their policy.

I'm not stating the courier did it intentionally, but yesterday we had a huge snowfall, and the only tracks out there showing contact with (or proximity to) the mailbox SINCE YESTERDAY are that of the delivery vehicle.  So.....how else did this damage happen?

I would like an apology and culpability taken on behalf of the USPS, because I am the one who will have to deal with the rusting which will now ensue.

Yes, I have also had MORE than my fair share of mangled mail here at the house - most of which I have documented with (dated) photographs.  So to have my mailbox abused and no one owning up to it (when it is obvious how and when it happened) is truly appalling.

I tried leaving a complaint on the USPS site, which ended up tossing my note because I didn't check the appropriate boxes to let 'them' know of my issue.  THERE WEREN'T ANY APPROPRIATE BOXES TO CHECK FOR DAMAGE DONE TO MY BOX!  Hello!!!!

Way to go, USPS system.  Way to go.

No comments: