Pages

3.04.2009

In like a lamb

Sunny but cold today. So very cold. Bitterly cold, in fact, but I believe I can see the light at the end of this tunnel.

There's a promise from the weatherpeople that things will improve for the end/rest of the week - but possibly dip again over the weekend. Hey, as long as it doesn't dip lower than the upper thirties, I will be a happy camper. ;^)

Happy, happy, happy.

We have moved (or seem to be moving) in a very positive direction in the weather outlook. Soon we will be able to get outside and fertilize and put down weed inhibitor. Then, the mowing will commence. Opening windows and airing out the winter air and doldrums will be on the schedule, too. Gardening and watching things grow (or hanging in a hammock) will be high on the list. Maybe even attempting to grill a meal outdoors early on.

Who knows!

The production update: I went to work (day number 2) on the InZer0: Fragile Wings project on Monday, and there was a lot of little stuff - busy work - to do. Some important bits, but by-and-large they are looking for an office person to help get things tidied up. As the weather gets warmer and allows for the pick-up shots to be filmed, I will be in on that...and what a cool thing to add to the credits! But for now, it is pretty much the same old industry standard: 'hurry up and wait'...no getting around it.

I was supposed to get started on Friday, but the producer remembered she had something else going on and couldn't finnagle the Friday date, so it was put off until this week. I spent the afternoon sending out rejection notes (there's got to be a better name for those), assembling scripts, updating a large spreadsheet, etc. It was OK, about what I expected, and the drive was the worst part about it.

This is going to be a rough beginning as I have had plans on the books for Friday, March 13, to help Sacred Heart with its yearly talent show - doing...what else? Sound tech and floor coordination. So I won't be able to be at the production office for much of what would be my shift, and the time is shortened for this coming Friday as there were other plans on Connie's calendar for the early part of the afternoon.

It's like a teeter-totter some days.

I continue to look for full time employment, and shuttling the boys back and forth to school, tutoring, work...

My spring cleaning began in spurts about a month ago, and now that we have trash pick-up on Fridays, it's been fun seeing how many bags I can amass (limit is 12). I've made a lot of head-way, and gotten things out of boxes and onto shelves, or just plain out to the street, etc. I even began sorting all of the photographs of the boys into appropriate categories and storing them properly. I will finish fixing (then painting) the divits in the walls and the corner of the alcove in the library, and I have plans to finish installing the needed shelves inside the alcove to finish the workspace and put the PC equipment and how-to books away!

Busy, busy, busy.

The hard part is not getting sidetracked. Argh!

The wisteria I transplanted last month has taken off with a vengence, and was doing well until the girls discovered it was chewable. I now have to guard it until I can get it outside! :^) Cleo is the most enamoured of the poor plant, and she will constantly try to sneak bites out of it if I do not pay attention. The leggy plant has overgrown its support and I fear giving it anything else to cling to (lean on). The more 'familiar' it becomes with something other than the post and guy wires that are in place for it to grow on for the next 30 years, means a possibility of damage when I try to unwrap it and move it to its permanent home.

Another 20 degrees and I can think about taking the lovely plant outdoors and getting it in the ground.

Come on, little lamb, stick around, please. And bring some friends!

No comments: