Pages

3.05.2009

What a day, what a week, what a life!

I had a really nice conversation with my friend, Maria, yesterday. She kept me company while I waited for Karl at OCC. It's true, the campus was all but closed this week because of mid-winter break (which is odd, since winter ends on the 20th of March), but parts of it remained up and running for the benefit of students needing tutoring and for those folks getting a jump on enrolling for summer I and II courses, confabs with counselors, etc.

So, THANK YOU, MARIA!

Karl has been involving himself more and more lately in social situations, which is a tremendous thing! Thanks to Brian, he goes once a week to an Anime/game-playing/chatting sort of gathering in the student union, and interacts fairly well. It's really quite an improvement for him. Over time, he may learn to be more independent and outward bound in social environments...a good people skill that many (all) Autism-struck people need but never fully get (too many of them, at any rate). Brian opened the door, grabbed his brother by the hand a couple of times and dragged him through. Now, Karl looks forward to the time, and we will need to find a way to incorporate it into our schedules when the new semester begins!

Anyhow, Maria called to catch up and we had a good chat about a lot of subjects, but after about an hour I had to cut it short so that I could preserve my phone's battery for the ride home (note to self: GET NEW BATTERY). I meant to call her back after dinner, but sat down to read the (Sunday) newspaper - once I plugged the phone into its recharger - and I never called.

In fact, by the time I was half way through the paper I was nodding off, and I ended up falling asleep on the sofa! I woke up and went to bed somewhere during Craig Ferguson, and had a pretty good rest after that.

Sorry, Maria, I will call you tonight or tomorrow! Between the changes to the normal routine this week, and trying to get things in order for other changes, and around activities to come over the next couple weeks, I have been running like a Tasmanian Devil and dropping like a narcoleptic every day.

In fact, I will be in the car tomorrow morning at this time to drive a friend to Metro, then I have other things to scoot to. Crazy, crazy! For now I need to get on the road headed for Dearborn. We are beginning late today because of the Director's scheduling conflict, but it still takes the same amount of time to set up, run sound checks, tape, etc. This is the next to last taping session of the BQT, and I need to get some answers about next week's talent show and my part in it while I am with the woman running the show.

My mom is driving down from Marquette do stay with Gram, and she plans on being in town around 4pm or so. Plans right now are to see them over the weekend some time. My brother is supposed to be picking up Brian's truck today around whatever o'clock, to fix the power steering issue (he was supposed to do it yesterday), so we will see how that all plays out. Karl still needs a haircut and I have managed to lose the coupon from our usual place 3 times, now. May have to take him and get the darn haircut at full price. Serves me right for not hog-tying him two weeks ago and doing it when I had the silly coupon in my purse! :^)

Thank goodness a week is only seven days long, eh?

No comments: