Pages

3.06.2009

It's gonna be a bumpy ride

I got home about an hour ago, and I was met at the door by three hungry girls.

Swarming, circling like sharks...it was frightening.

As I made my way across the living room floor they bolted and swirled, bolted and swirled. They were checking to see if I was following and/or heading to the fridge, then on to the plate where they eat. It was really comical and comforting, and oddly surreal.

It was early, but it was late, and it didn't matter to them that I had just come in from the trip to Metro, nor that I hadn't been home for the past three hours. All they knew was that their stomach alarms were clanging loud and hard, and they wanted food - NOW!

Currently, Cleo is lying across my lap, cleaning her feet and legs, and purring happily cuz tummy is full. Her special diet food is all but gone, and I have added another item to the already full list of things to do...get another two or three cans of sd food for "the patient." Her next check up for the bladder stone is Tuesday morning, but her one open can of food won't last til then, so we'll have to make a trip to Waterford (Highland Road) specially for the can of dissolution food. For a barn cat she is pretty doggone high maintenance! Ugh.

And today is trash day, tah dah! Another chance to see how much we can get into a big builder sack and to the curb without breaking. Those trash guys are somewhat amused by our heavy bags - or, at least, I am. I am certain they try to figure out what is in those heavy bags, but it will end soon. The cleansing is almost over, and the need to try and get the most out of the 12 bag limit will be a thing of the past.

I may even see if they will take the little Charlie Brown Xmas tree, too. Poor little thing has become our perennial joke...but no more!

So the week from purgatory is almost over, and all I can picture are chickens without heads running in all directions! [Cluck!!]

But what a beautiful Friday it will be - temps stating in the low fifties and rising from there! Yea!! Maria told me that her trees are budding already, so I need to remember and check to see where mine are at while I am out and about in the yard. I can see the poppies and other perennials in the front bed are greening and making an early attempt at growth for this season, and this makes my heart race. I have a lot of cleaning to do out there; but what I really want is to build up the back of the bed (against the wall of the house) and get a sheet of heavy plastic down under about 12" (or more) of new soil before re-establishing many of the plants already doing well there. I also have a Jackmanii Clemetis that needs to move to a better location, and I need to spot each and every last tulip in the bed, too, so they can be moved out.

It's gonna be a bumpy ride in the beds this year.

But for now, I am heading to my pillow for a nap - I am tired and could use a few winks before continuing with the rest of my day. Once I hear the boys moving upstairs we will head out to tackle the trash removal. They're gonna love it! HA!

I hope you get outside to enjoy the delightful day ahead. Sixty-four degrees! What are you waiting for? I'll see you under the apple tree.

No comments: