Pages

2.14.2010

About yesterday

I spent the mid part of the day in Ann Arbor.

I know, I know. I spend so much of my time eschewing that place (because of the whole "school" connection/rivalry. For those of you not in the know, I am a die-hard MSU supporter), and here I am, finding that I have to swallow it and go there for either work or workshops.

Yesterday was one such trip.

Part one of two days of a Production Management workshop took place in the back end loft of a coffeehouse storefront. A small group of film wannabes and film students and displaced people starting over, and some with lots of stuff behind them, and me. But it was good, and the woman leading the series is a real credentialed PM - so right there, I am geeked. And, she's connected, so I am putting the toe of my shoe on her coattail, doggone it!

Remember, in this forum, it IS who you know, and then what you can do...until you become someone to know and your work is known.

The dude who put it together is also somebody to know and impress and work with - he has several iron in the fire right now....so I am going to take advantage and ingratiate myself next Saturday.

We broke down a script - Erin Brakovich - lined it, and received instructions on how to create a scene breakdown page, and then were set to work. While there, we had to have it lined and the scenes numbered...and I DID IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!! No numbering errors or omissions!

I so can do that job.

I now have to finish a breakdown sheet for each scene. 156 pages worth of homework for Saturday. Wahoo!

What's next, Kathryn?

No comments: